Bypass & Sliding Door Systems
Bypass / Tub Enclosures
Bypass sliding doors (often called tub enclosures) are an excellent option for smaller bathrooms and allow both doors to slide side to side. There are numerous standard options available, but each one can be customized to meet your exact needs.
There are several manufacturers for bypass enclosures and each manufacturer offers different standard heights and options. Bypass enclosures often use "stock" glass and metal extrusions to reduce cost.
- Glass thickness varies by unit, but ranges from 3/16” to 3/8” thick.
- Available in chrome, brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze, gold, white, Roman Bronze & Satin
- Standard glass is clear, but also available in a few pattern glass options for added privacy.
- Standard hardware includes towel bars and / or knobs depending on the manufacturer.
- Standard heights range from 57” to 80” depending on the unit and manufacturer.
Our estimators can guide you through all of the options to design your enclosure to meet both your needs and budget.
Sliding Door Systems
New designs are now available from several manufacturers that offer one fixed panel and one sliding panel. These are referred to by trade names such as: Hydroslide, Serenity, Waterslide and Skyline Series. These are frameless designs using 3/8" or 1/2" thick glass with visible rollers that glide effortlessly on a metal support bar across the top. Clips and the support bar secure the fixed panel. The exact design varies by manufacturer, but these offer an excellent alternative for traditional swinging doors and allow for larger door openings in smaller bathrooms. Please contact our office to schedule a free in home estimate!